We value your data and take your privacy seriously.
This policy describes how we collect and use your personal information when you interact with us via our website www.aigwomensbritishopen.com or otherwise, including when you purchase tickets for the Women’s British Open. We have tried to keep it simple, so please take the time to read this policy in full to understand our practices regarding your personal information. This policy was last updated in March 2019.
Who are we?
We use "we", "us" and "our" to refer to International Management Group (UK) Ltd (00946580) ("IMG") and LGU Championships Limited (SC366854) and its group companies ("The R&A"). A list of LGU Championships Limited's group companies is set out at the end of this policy.
The R&A and IMG will share your personal information with their respective group companies and their suppliers and service providers for the purposes set out below only. If you would like to contact us about this policy, you can do so by:
• emailing IMG at [email protected]g.com or The R&A at [email protected]; or
• writing to us at:
o Privacy Counsel, EMEA, IMG UK Ltd, Building 6, 566 Chiswick High Rd, Chiswick, London W4 5HR; or
o F.A.O. Data Privacy Manager, The R&A, Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA.
How we collect information about you
We may collect personal and non-personal information about you when you interact with us via this website or otherwise as set out in this policy:
• We collect personal information from you if you sign up to receive our newsletters, emails or alerts.
• We collect personal information about people who provide feedback in relation to any of this website.
• We collect personal information that you provide in relation to any user account you may hold with us for this website.
• We collect personal information when you enter prize draws or competitions.
• We may collect personal information when you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
• We collect personal information (such as your name, postal address, phone number, e-mail address and credit/debit card number) that you provide in relation to any enquiry, order or transaction you carry out through this website including ticket sales for the Women’s British Open.
• We use software that collects personal information that you provide in relation to enquiries, orders or transactions that you start on this website but which you then abandon or do not complete, i.e. the data may be captured regardless of whether you click “next” or “submit” on the relevant page.
• We also collect certain non-personal information when you visit and use this website, our apps or Wi-Fi at the Women's British Open. For example, we may collect and store your IP address, reference site domain name, and demographic information. We also may collect information including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and usage while on this website or when using our apps or Wi-Fi at the Women's British Open. We will only collect such data in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified).
How we use your personal information
Orders or purchases via this website or in store
We collect your name, contact and payment details and other personal information you provide when you order or purchase products and services from us via this website or in store, including when you purchase tickets for the Women’s British Open. We will use this personal information to process your order/purchase.
Where you have purchased products/services from this website, our online payment gateway providers will retain the payment details you provided for that purchase for as long as is necessary from the date of the purchase to allow us to process any refund that may be due to you. This processing of your information is necessary for the performance of our sales contract with you.
We will retain the information you provide to us for your purchase for a period of up to ten years from the date of your purchase for analysis purposes to understand audiences for the Women’s British Open at each venue and to improve efficiencies at The Women’s British Open in general and at particular venues. This processing of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests of understanding our customers and providing better products and services for our customers. We will not store your payment details for this purpose.
We collect information about you when you start an enquiry, order or transaction on this website but which you then abandon or do not complete. We collect your personal information even if you do not click “next” or “submit” on the relevant page. We may use this information to contact you by email about that enquiry, order or transaction. Such contact will be to determine if we can offer any assistance to help you complete the enquiry, order or transaction, or if we can provide alternative products or services that may be of greater interest to you. We will not store your payment details for this purpose. The legal basis for processing your personal information in this way is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests to promote our products/services to you. When we collect your information, we will give you the option not to receive these emails. Otherwise, we will retain your personal information for up to ten years for our legitimate interests of understanding our customers and users of this website.
Enquiries, providing feedback or complaints
We collect your name, contact details and other personal information you provide when you make an enquiry or provide feedback to us. We may collect this information via completion of online forms or by corresponding or speaking with us by telephone, email, letter, in person or otherwise. We will use your personal information to process your enquiry, to follow up on your feedback and to resolve any complaint. We will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to address your enquiry, feedback or resolve your complaint and to respond to any follow up queries or subsequent correspondence from you on your enquiry, feedback or complaint. This processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in providing a better experience for you and others who interact with us and in improving our customer service and our business operations.
Registering to receive our newsletters, emails and alerts
We will collect your name and email address and other information you provide when you register to receive our newsletters, emails or alerts via this website. We will use this information to send you the newsletters, emails or alerts you request. We will send you these with your consent which we obtain at the point you request these regular updates. You may withdraw your consent to processing your personal information for this purpose at any time by contacting us or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the communications we send you. We will retain this information until you withdraw your consent.
User account registration with this website
When you create a user account with one of this website, we collect your name and contact details and other personal information you provide during user account registration. We will retain this personal information for the duration of your user account with us. We will process your personal information to administer and maintain your user account. This processing of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests of allowing our customers to engage with us and to complete transactions for our products/services more easily.
Marketing and Advertising
We may use the personal information we collect as part of our customer relationship with you to inform you by email about exclusive offers and promotions we think may be of interest to you. When we collect your personal information, we will give you the option not to receive these emails. You can change your mind at any time by contacting us or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the emails we send you. This is necessary for our legitimate interests for promoting our products and services.
If you have consented to receiving marketing emails from the Women’s British Open’s official patrons and partners, we may share your personal information with the Women’s British Open’s official patrons and partners for those purposes.
Your interactions with us
Often, individuals will interact with us in multiple ways and will provide us with personal information in different contexts. We may use your personal information, including your purchase history, to obtain a profile of your different interactions with us and to understand you and other customers including your interests and preferences. This is necessary for our legitimate interests of personalising your experience and tailoring the content, offers and promotions we send to you and other customers. It also helps us to improve and better promote our products and services.
When you visit this website or receive e-mails from us (including newsletters) we may automatically collect the following technical information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this website (including date and time);
• page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us;
• for www.aigwomensbritishopen.com which can be accessed here.
• when we e-mail you, such e-mails may contain tracking facilities. Activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include but is not restricted to: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
We may collect information in an aggregated form (so that no individual user is identified) for statistical analysis to allow us to understand our customers and improve our services and performance including the functionality of this website and user experience.
The legal basis for processing your personal information (as well as pseudonymised or anonymised information generated from your personal information) in this way is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests of providing a better experience for you and other users of this website, promoting our products and services and understanding our customers and users of this website. We will retain your personal information (as well as pseudonymised or anonymised information generated from your personal information) for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Wi-Fi at the Women's British Open
When you register to use Wi-Fi at the Women’s British Open, we collect the type of device and IMEI number of the device you use to connect to the Wi-Fi. We collect these to ensure we only present you with the registration page once for the Wi-Fi. Otherwise, each time your device drops off and back onto the Wi-Fi, we would need to ask you to register again. We will retain this information for one year from the date of collection. The legal basis for processing your personal information in this way is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests to provide the best possible customer experience.
We have apps which allow you to access our content and information about our products and services. We may collect personal information via our apps and if we do we will be clear about that at the time. We will ask for your permission to use your location information and to send push notifications.
We collect and use personal information that you provide to us when you enter one of our competitions to administer the competition including to communicate whether your entry has been successful or not and fulfilment of prizes. Our legal basis for this processing is your consent which you give on entering the competition. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary for those purposes. If you withdraw your consent, we cannot process your competition entry.
Information we receive about you from other sources
We work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. We may also receive information if you have provided permission to other organisations to share it with us. Before providing permission to such third party organisations to share your personal information, you should check their privacy notices carefully. We may receive information from publicly available sources (where possible) to keep your information up to date.
Who we share your information with
Retention of your personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or as is necessary in our legitimate interests to retain it. Therefore, some information may be kept for more or less time depending on how long we reasonably feel it is required for. We have provided information about our retention periods in relation to certain pieces of personal information above. We review these retention periods on a regular basis.
If you ask us to delete your information in accordance with your rights set out below, we will retain basic information on a suppression list to record your request and to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future.
We fully co-operate with the police and other law enforcement agencies. We reserve the right to report to the police or any other such agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful.
Linking to other websites
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored in, countries outside of the UK and EU for the above purposes. We will take steps to ensure your personal information is adequately protected in countries outside of the UK and EU. Please contact us if you would like more details on safeguards used by us to protect personal information for these transfers.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to:
• access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances;
• ask us to delete or correct any personal information that we hold about you;
• prevent us processing your personal information;
• port your personal information in certain circumstances;
• not be subject to a solely automated decision;
• withdraw any consent that you have given. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal; and
• lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you have concerns about how we use your personal information. Please see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ to find out more.
LGU Championships Limited's group companies
LGU Championships Limited's group companies for the purposes of this policy comprise R&A Championships Limited (SC247047), R&A Group Services Limited (SC247048), R&A Rules Limited (SC247046), R&A Trust Company (No. 1) Limited (SC247045), R&A Trust Company (No.2) Limited (SC247049) and The R&A Foundation (SC247050).